abc

XP Pro on K7V old Mobo with K7. Said to be ACPI compliant, 512M Ram

It runs XP very well, but I notice that the monitor does not enter
screensaver mode nor turn off at the time I set in the desktop
properties box.

If I set everything to a very short time like 1 minutes, yes they seem
to work. But ifI I set to 10 minutes and 20 minutes respectively
nothing will happen. Some how the Monitor will switch off after
something like an hour.

I have set power management to "user define" in the Bios. Did I miss
some settings?

ABC

"ABC" <ABC@nospam.net> wrote in message
> XP Pro on K7V old Mobo with K7. Said to be ACPI compliant, 512M Ram
>
> It runs XP very well, but I notice that the monitor does not enter
> screensaver mode nor turn off at the time I set in the desktop
> properties box.
>
> If I set everything to a very short time like 1 minutes, yes they seem
> to work. But ifI I set to 10 minutes and 20 minutes respectively
> nothing will happen. Some how the Monitor will switch off after
> something like an hour.
>
> I have set power management to "user define" in the Bios. Did I miss
> some settings?
>
> ABC

The settings to switch off the monitor is in the Desktop Properties box
under "Advanced" or "Power Management" etc.

Perhaps some system activity is preventing the s/saver from activating,
because it is supposed to go to s/saver mode when the system is idle.

abc

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:08:44 +0800, "Andrew Murray"
<SPAMadmurray@BUSTER.iinet.net.au> wrote:

>The settings to switch off the monitor is in the Desktop Properties box
>under "Advanced" or "Power Management" etc.
>
>Perhaps some system activity is preventing the s/saver from activating,
>because it is supposed to go to s/saver mode when the system is idle.
It seems a number of people have this problem. See previous posting
by Raoul on 1/15 this year

I found an event Log which says"ACPI bios is attempting to read from
an Illegal I/O port......."

wondering if this is relevant.
ABC