Status
Not open for further replies.

white_chev

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Hello everyone :D

This is my very first post in this forum. I'm from Indonesia and I'd like to discuss something about Windows XP.

I'm a Vaio user, here's my laptop's specification:
Intel i5-560M @2,67GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
1GB ATI Radeon 5650
500GB HDD
Triple-boot OS: 7(default), Vista, Ubuntu

I'm trying to install Windows XP SP3 (a 32bit one) on this laptop as I want to remove the Vista. But it's always end up with this message:
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart computer. If this screen appears again, follow this steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drives to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKSDK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I've been trying anything I can, I scan my harddrive with eset NOD32 and I found no such viruses or corrupted file. I even have done the the CHKDSK /F scan suggested by that stop screen. Does anyone knows how to solve this?

regards :)

Solution

Almost any system will support XP at this juncture, whether the system manufacturer has XP drivers or not. Thats because the chipset manufacturers will have XP reference drivers available. You just use those. Its more work on the end users part, but its almost always effective.

white_chev

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011

vpcea36fg
but finally, I found the solution. I found that the error message refer to the unavailabilty of SATA driver. So, I think the answer is nLite. With this program, I could integrate the driver and the OS installation files. Thanks for everyone :D

Almost any system will support XP at this juncture, whether the system manufacturer has XP drivers or not. Thats because the chipset manufacturers will have XP reference drivers available. You just use those. Its more work on the end users part, but its almost always effective.

Solution

mee and sony

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
exactly that is what i am saying , , ,
n lite is the best soltion for what u asked. me also have sony with i3 . i recently installe xp on my vaio .
i wanna ask one thing that

have you ever tried mac on vaio. . , ?
if u did get me what is what to do?

white_chev

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011

yeah nLite does a great job on integrating the drivers :D
I never try to install mac on my vaio since it might cost me a bit as a student. :p I got the XP license from from MSDNAA membership, that's why I got it free :D

Status
Not open for further replies.