xp or hardware?

i have 2 users on my laptop with xp. only when one particular user is logged on, my computer shuts itself off randomly - at any time it feels like - usually after 8-12 minutes of operation without any warning whatesoever.

what could it be? i have live antivirus and ran checks by spybot and adaware so it is clean enough. any help will be appreciated.

bar

What are the differences between the two users?

Check to see [use task manager] what applications and / or processes are common and any that are unique.