I have set up power management as an administrator as follows :- turn off
monitor after 10 mins, turn off h/disks after 15 mins, stand by after 20
mins. If Im using the admin desktop and I log off it works fine. If Im using
my user desktop it never goes into standby, the settings in my user desk top
cannot be changed and are :- monitor off after 20 mins, h/disk is never and
standby is never. When I log off from here the system just keeps on going.
How do I alter the user settings to be the same as the admin settings

make the limited as admin , change setting and then change back

Thanks, I have changed the settings. There is one other problem though,
sometimes when a user logs out the system wont go into stand by. The monitor
goes into stand by but the h/drive and system stay on. At other times every
thing goes into stand by as per the settings in power management. Any ideas?