xp pro activation

can someone help.. My inlaw has a problem when starting windows it goes to
the welcome screen and thena message comes up stating that windows needs to
be activated do you want to continue . I click yes and it stays on the
welcome screen.

any ideas would be grateful

Maybe the %systemroot%\System32\WPA.DBL file is corrupted? Go into Safe Mode,
delete it (make sure to back it up somewhere), then reboot and try activation
again.
--
This is A SQUARE HOUSE. Please report any un-fairness to the proprietor

"gus5052" wrote:

> can someone help.. My inlaw has a problem when starting windows it goes to
> the welcome screen and thena message comes up stating that windows needs to
> be activated do you want to continue . I click yes and it stays on the
> welcome screen.
>
> any ideas would be grateful

Did he ever Activate?

--