XP Pro to XP Home Remote Desktop

ME

Hi

I have Win XP Pro and want to help my girlfriend sort some problems with her
XP Home system. She lives quite a distance away so I was wondering about
using Remote Desktop either through MSN Messenger or any other ways. She
seems to be having a problem browsing the net, and whenever we try remote
assistance thru Messenger we get the message saying that I'm using an older
version (7 beta). Have tried with Windows Messenger 4.7 with no luck.

Any other ideas...

Woady

She must send the invitation.

"Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:d12amk$253$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi
>
> I have Win XP Pro and want to help my girlfriend sort some problems with
> her
> XP Home system. She lives quite a distance away so I was wondering about
> using Remote Desktop either through MSN Messenger or any other ways. She
> seems to be having a problem browsing the net, and whenever we try remote
> assistance thru Messenger we get the message saying that I'm using an
> older
> version (7 beta). Have tried with Windows Messenger 4.7 with no luck.
>
> Any other ideas...
>
> Woady

ME

> She must send the invitation.

> "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:d12amk$253$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > Hi
> >
> > I have Win XP Pro and want to help my girlfriend sort some problems with
> > her
> > XP Home system. She lives quite a distance away so I was wondering about
> > using Remote Desktop either through MSN Messenger or any other ways. She
> > seems to be having a problem browsing the net, and whenever we try
remote
> > assistance thru Messenger we get the message saying that I'm using an
> > older
> > version (7 beta). Have tried with Windows Messenger 4.7 with no luck.
> >
> > Any other ideas...
> >
> > Woady

Yep, shes done that, but still coming up with the error message... I
downloaded messenger 5.0 and got a bit further, but still came up with an
error. Nevermind, I'm going to hers tomorrow to sort it the proper way.

Thanks anyway

Woady

You're welcome. Good luck.