Xp problem, I have a Gigabyte 8s648 fx.

aarnold4

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Hello,my problem is it takes 4 gig of memory, I have been using 1.5 of 400 ddr and increased it up to 2 gig.
now it shows everything is registered ok but on start up it only gets to the 3rd page isting all components then stops and wont load any further, I went back to original set up and it is now stopping on this page, I ant load a disc or restore I am stumped, can any one help, both Gigabyte and M/Soft cant help

aarnold4

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

Thank you, but already tried that ,also removed everthing and all cards leaving only screen and memory that was also changed but still have the same problem, I feel it in windows but cant open anything to try or fix, today I will replace the hard drive to see what happens, both M/Soft and Gigabyte are a waste of space.

aarnold4

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

That is the whole problem, I cant get into windows ever to run restore or even a Windows disc , on start up it goes to what is the M/S components list and freezes.

aarnold4

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

To Mosox I thank you for trying to help, unfortunatly nothing worked, so it looks like a garbage tin job, I feel it is somthing so simple but I cant find it and to make it worse out of many thousands of computer geeks out there You were the only one trying to help, many thanks.

Try breadboarding. Take out the motherboard with everything on it (CPU, RAM) and place it on a a wood table or on some non conductive material like cardboard. Place the case next to it in order to be able to connect the front panel power connector to the motherboard (take a look on how it's connected before removing the mobo). Reset the CMOS again. Connect the PSU, power on and try again with only one stick of RAM, try some other RAM slot if it isn't working.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-13-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

A new modern mobo with onboard video/CPU/RAM will set you back some $150-200.

TRENDING THREADS