Discussion XP Project

Mar 6, 2019
Creating a gaming XP computer from an old HP Pavilion Elite HPE-210y. Everything went well EXCEPT for the Audio! No Audio Device! Sound Audio is Realtec ALC888S. Hard time finding a free driver download for this device. With realtec I get the dreaded '404' for the download page. It's frustrating since this is hanging me up for creating my XP gaming machine. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful, & greatly appreciated. I really want to start racing again with my old Wingman FF wheel. I tried the HP troubleshooting page, but did not resolve the issue.

Mar 6, 2019
Thanks taeioum! I agree the Realtek download is a PITA! However, I did try the driver, but Realtek audio still does not show up on device manager. I've tried youtube, etc, to resolve this issue. There are a lot of people who have problems with audio drivers, or audio just not working. I cannot understand why, it's just frickin sound / audio! I have ordered a USD virtual sound device, and hopefully it will resolve this issue (hopeful).

However, any suggestions as to how to get the driver to work would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I will try anything! After all I've got nothing to lose!