XP scsi driver for 2906 needed

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.scsi (More info?)

according to adaptec the driver for this old scsi card which i use for my
scanners is available for XP I just upgraded from 98) but I've tried most
things and I cant get it to recognise or find the card/driver . Adaptec say
it's embedded in XP and is called AIC-7850 (after the chip) - see link
below. I tried update/install driver from device manager, from add hardware,
removed the card and rebooted and replaced the card and rebooted
http://ask.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/adaptec_tic.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid
=m83ee9mh&p_lva=&p_faqid=3639&p_created=1018207750&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlk
c29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTM0JnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9QVZBLTI5MDYmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT0z
JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTc0JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPTgyJnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9zb3J0X2J5
PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=
(try to get it in one line for your adress bar)
can anyone help me install it or point to another location for the driver ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.scsi (More info?)

What makes you think the card is working?

Is there no trace of recognition of the card in XP?

Are there any jumpers on the card that are set other than default?

Try the card in every PCI slot with all other PCI cards removed except the
display card.

Using a DOS boot floppy and try Adaptec's SCSISecect Utility to see if the
card is operable.

"frankg" <whosoever@wherever.com> wrote in message
> according to adaptec the driver for this old scsi card which i use for my
> scanners is available for XP I just upgraded from 98) but I've tried most
> things and I cant get it to recognise or find the card/driver . Adaptec
say
> it's embedded in XP and is called AIC-7850 (after the chip) - see link
> below. I tried update/install driver from device manager, from add
hardware,
> removed the card and rebooted and replaced the card and rebooted

http://ask.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/adaptec_tic.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid

=m83ee9mh&p_lva=&p_faqid=3639&p_created=1018207750&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlk

c29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTM0JnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9QVZBLTI5MDYmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT0z

JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTc0JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPTgyJnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9zb3J0X2J5
> PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=
> (try to get it in one line for your adress bar)
> can anyone help me install it or point to another location for the driver
?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.scsi (More info?)

it's working - i have win98 on the old hard drive (2 hard drives installed
with a different os on each) and it works fine. i just cant get xp to see it
or to find a driver for it

--
xx

> it's working - i have win98 on the old hard drive (2 hard drives
installed
> with a different os on each) and it works fine. i just cant get xp to see
it
> or to find a driver for it

So try all the things I suggested. Especially the PCI slot experiments.

> "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message
> > What makes you think the card is working?
> >
> > Is there no trace of recognition of the card in XP?
> >
> > Are there any jumpers on the card that are set other than default?
> >
> > Try the card in every PCI slot with all other PCI cards removed except
the
> > display card.
> >
> > Using a DOS boot floppy and try Adaptec's SCSISecect Utility to see if
the
> > card is operable.
> >
> > "frankg" <whosoever@wherever.com> wrote in message
> > > according to adaptec the driver for this old scsi card which i use for
> my
> > > scanners is available for XP I just upgraded from 98) but I've tried
> most
> > > things and I cant get it to recognise or find the card/driver .
Adaptec
> > say
> > > it's embedded in XP and is called AIC-7850 (after the chip) - see link
> > > below. I tried update/install driver from device manager, from add
> > hardware,
> > > removed the card and rebooted and replaced the card and rebooted

http://ask.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/adaptec_tic.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid

=m83ee9mh&p_lva=&p_faqid=3639&p_created=1018207750&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlk

c29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTM0JnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9QVZBLTI5MDYmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT0z

JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTc0JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPTgyJnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9zb3J0X2J5
> > > PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=
> > > (try to get it in one line for your adress bar)
> > > can anyone help me install it or point to another location for the
> driver
> > ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.scsi (More info?)

Is your XP computer a different computer from your Window 98 computer?
Are you running dual boot on the same computer?

Maybe the XP computer is not able to "see" the PCI slots because of a BIOS
setting.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
"frankg" <whosoever@wherever.com> wrote in message
> it's working - i have win98 on the old hard drive (2 hard drives
> installed
> with a different os on each) and it works fine. i just cant get xp to see
> it
> or to find a driver for it
>
> --
> xx
> "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message
>> What makes you think the card is working?
>>
>> Is there no trace of recognition of the card in XP?
>>
>> Are there any jumpers on the card that are set other than default?
>>
>> Try the card in every PCI slot with all other PCI cards removed except
>> the
>> display card.
>>
>> Using a DOS boot floppy and try Adaptec's SCSISecect Utility to see if
>> the
>> card is operable.
>>
>> "frankg" <whosoever@wherever.com> wrote in message
>> > according to adaptec the driver for this old scsi card which i use for
> my
>> > scanners is available for XP I just upgraded from 98) but I've tried
> most
>> > things and I cant get it to recognise or find the card/driver . Adaptec
>> say
>> > it's embedded in XP and is called AIC-7850 (after the chip) - see link
>> > below. I tried update/install driver from device manager, from add
>> hardware,
>> > removed the card and rebooted and replaced the card and rebooted
>> >

> http://ask.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/adaptec_tic.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid
>> >

> =m83ee9mh&p_lva=&p_faqid=3639&p_created=1018207750&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlk
>> >

> c29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTM0JnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9QVZBLTI5MDYmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT0z
>> >

> JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTc0JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPTgyJnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9zb3J0X2J5
>> > PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=
>> > (try to get it in one line for your adress bar)
>> > can anyone help me install it or point to another location for the
> driver
>> ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.scsi (More info?)

issue resolved - windows update - not sure why but thanks anyway

--
xx