ekisha

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Hi, i have re-installed XP on my seagate HDD and there seems to be a funny problem with it. XP recognizes my internal drive as external for some reason. It is ok in "disk management" and "my computer" but it appears as a usb device in "safely remove hardware" with stop the device button. Is there a way to make it normal internal drive?
One more thing. English is not my first language, please bear with me!

Solution
SATA drives that are running on a controller that is operating in AHCI mode can be hot swapped. If you want to disable the "removable hardware" notification you may be able to toggle a setting in your firmware settings. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it, it's not causing any harm as this is the expected behaviour
SATA drives that are running on a controller that is operating in AHCI mode can be hot swapped. If you want to disable the "removable hardware" notification you may be able to toggle a setting in your firmware settings. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it, it's not causing any harm as this is the expected behaviour

Solution

ekisha

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Thank you guys, but the real reason why i am in panic is i am afraid i might push that stop button instead of stopping my real external. So this stop button does it really work?