XP SP2 & Epson R800 printer - Driver & Firewire install er..

I am having problems updating and/or re-installing the printer drivers for an
Epson R800 printer using Firewire comm. on a WinXp SP2 machine. This printer
previously worked fine on this machine in SP1.
When I first turn on the printer to start installing the Epson drivers
(after uninstalling the previous driver) a balloon comes up that says:

"Found New Hardware - EPSON 1394.3 Device",

then a "Device Installer Error" popup window comes up that says:

"Windows could not load the installer for EPSON1394D3PRINTER. Contact your
hardware vendor for assistance."

I was on the phone with Epson for over an hour. They suggested that I
uninstall SP2 and/or try the printer driver installation on another machine.
Uninstalling SP2 did not fix the problem on this machine. I tried installing
the drivers on a Win2000 Pro laptop and the drivers install OK.

I have other firewire devices on the machine and they are working fine. I
have tried re-installing the 1394 controller drivers and no luck.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you uninstall correctly:
www.coribright.com

rayinnj wrote:
> I am having problems updating and/or re-installing the printer
> drivers for an Epson R800 printer using Firewire comm. on a WinXp SP2
> machine. This printer previously worked fine on this machine in SP1.
> When I first turn on the printer to start installing the Epson drivers
> (after uninstalling the previous driver) a balloon comes up that says:
>
> "Found New Hardware - EPSON 1394.3 Device",
>
> then a "Device Installer Error" popup window comes up that says:
>
> "Windows could not load the installer for EPSON1394D3PRINTER. Contact
> your hardware vendor for assistance."
>
> I was on the phone with Epson for over an hour. They suggested that I
> uninstall SP2 and/or try the printer driver installation on another
> machine. Uninstalling SP2 did not fix the problem on this machine. I
> tried installing the drivers on a Win2000 Pro laptop and the drivers
> install OK.
>
> I have other firewire devices on the machine and they are working
> fine. I have tried re-installing the 1394 controller drivers and no
> luck.
>
> Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Can't help (I suggest you follow Cari's instructions) but I have an R800
connected via FireWire on an XP Pro SP2 box and I've not had any issues.
on salads.

Jim

You are a true troll.You never have anything
constructive to say and you are always critical of others. Read some of your
posts. Your posts are mostly, if not all pure garbage. They speak for
themselves. Check them out. It seems most people agree with me.
http://tinyurl.com/5ly92
http://tinyurl.com/5msfx