XP Sp2 problem with communication with my printer

Harpy

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

Help needed with re-establishing the connection between my computer and the
printer. Lost access when restarted the computer after downloading the SP2
package. I am only a beginner so do need baby steps to understand how to do
it.
Troubleshooter can't help me.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Could be XP had no drivers for your printer. Check the manufacturer's web
site for XP compatible drivers.

"Harpy" <Harpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help needed with re-establishing the connection between my computer and
> the
> printer. Lost access when restarted the computer after downloading the SP2
> package. I am only a beginner so do need baby steps to understand how to
> do
> it.
> Troubleshooter can't help me.

Harpy

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

It was working fine until I downloaded the SP update. I'll give the Canon
site a try. Thanks for that suggestion.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Could be XP had no drivers for your printer. Check the manufacturer's web
> site for XP compatible drivers.
>
> "Harpy" <Harpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help needed with re-establishing the connection between my computer and
> > the
> > printer. Lost access when restarted the computer after downloading the SP2
> > package. I am only a beginner so do need baby steps to understand how to
> > do
> > it.
> > Troubleshooter can't help me.

Harpy

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

Thank you for that suggestion. I am amazed but when I accessed their site I
found the exact problem and when I downloaded the patch it worked. Thank you
again for the help. I appreciated it .

"Jerry" wrote:

> Could be XP had no drivers for your printer. Check the manufacturer's web
> site for XP compatible drivers.
>
> "Harpy" <Harpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help needed with re-establishing the connection between my computer and
> > the
> > printer. Lost access when restarted the computer after downloading the SP2
> > package. I am only a beginner so do need baby steps to understand how to
> > do
> > it.
> > Troubleshooter can't help me.

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Would not be SP2 as there is no change to anything like
drivers/other............
SP2 is security updates......................

May hbe a stupid question to ask you but did you unplug
all printers, scanners, cameras and ect. before
installing SP2/ I have read at one of the MVP web sites
that this is something that should have been done. I did
it and had NO problem at all with system or connection to
printer or web cam then.
allan

jerome

Distinguished
May 17, 2002

PROBLEM SOLVED ! PROBLEM SOLVED ! PROBLEM SOLVED !
MPC190 / MPC200 + XPSP2 : unable to explore myComputer + unable to
connect to printer or scan. I suppose it solves similar problems with
a lot of canon printers.

Edit C:\WINDOWS\system32\MpNetIpc.ini
Change 127.0.0.2 to 127.0.0.1
(because XP SP2 does not allow loopback on other address)
That'all... and it works !

Enjoy,
Jerome.

I also have a canon mpc200. I had problems getting it to print. I get
the same message of unable to communicate with device. i have tried
everything from changing ports to 27.0.0.1, to many many patches from
canon and microsoft but nothing seems to work.

any ideas?

--
anzamin
anzamin's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=808

Duplicate posting.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
www.coribright.com

"anzamin" <anzamin.1kpwpq@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

> I also have a canon mpc200. I had problems getting it to print. I get
> the same message of unable to communicate with device. i have tried
> everything from changing ports to 27.0.0.1, to many many patches from
> canon and microsoft but nothing seems to work.
>
> any ideas?
>

> --
> anzamin

unless the 27 is a misprint, it should be 127.0.0.1