I am a home XP user. I have downloaded the SP2 service pack and can nol onger
log into windows. I get stuck at the "To Begin Click User Name" screen. I
have nothing to click on. I tried to remove the SP2 using the recovery
console, but it asks for a administrator password - neither Gateway or
Microcsoft has that password. Any advice on what I can do from this point ? I
don't want to re-install XP and loose my hard drive data.

cd

Go to add remove programs to uninsall SP2.

--
Carl G