XP Update problems - unknown error code

I have not been able to succssefully update for some months now, although
were being undertaken successfully before the problem occurred.

I am getting a '0x8007041D' error - basically I get part way through the
process, and then I am told there is an error and it can't be continued.

The only factor I can think of that is coincidental with this problem is the
installing of some spyware - Antiy Ghostbusters. I have had several problems
with this, including losing the ability to connect to the web (altho my
broadband connection is functional) after trying to uninstall it.
Consequently, I have reinstalled it, don't use it, but it seems to have
screwed up my ability to update Windows.

Can anyone help, or has anyone had a similar problem?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Daffy wrote:

> I have not been able to succssefully update for some months now, although
> were being undertaken successfully before the problem occurred.
>
> I am getting a '0x8007041D' error - basically I get part way through the
> process, and then I am told there is an error and it can't be continued.
>
> The only factor I can think of that is coincidental with this problem is the
> installing of some spyware - Antiy Ghostbusters. I have had several problems
> with this, including losing the ability to connect to the web (altho my
> broadband connection is functional) after trying to uninstall it.
> Consequently, I have reinstalled it, don't use it, but it seems to have
> screwed up my ability to update Windows.
>
> Can anyone help, or has anyone had a similar problem?

You might want to post your question to the experts in the windows
update newsgroup and search that one for similar problems and solutions:

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User