Xp updates finish in March 2014 but what if I do a new install of XP on April 2014?

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
After the closing date of March 2014, what if I do a new instal of Windows XP, would the updates be forthcoming up until the march 14 closing date or does it mean no updates would be available, Microsoft update bank would be closed (no withdrawals)?

I mean, say today is April 2014, I do a clean install of XP, would Auto Updates give any of the update as was previoulsy available prior to March 2014.

Otherwise is there a knowledge base at Microsoft from where one could get a certain update from a previous year for a specific need?

Past Microsoft history shows that the update servers will be available for quite some time after the drop dead date. It was only within the past year that they finally turned off the update servers for Windows 95/98/ME/2000.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Thaks for your reply, I suppose I can do without Windows 98 updates but I think that XP will be around for many more years to come, especially in non Western countires.

I think I'll be using Xp for at least another 10 years, all my programs are all XP platform and not compatible with Windows 7 or even Vista. Lots of older programs for Windows 98SE even worked reaonably enough in XP 32 bit but not so well with NTFS OS.

Microsoft will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat with Windows 9, 10 , 11 and 12 for them to be even half as good as XP, and to sway people away from the old 32 bit OS. Windows 8 is a bit of a disappointment even though I haven't even tried it yet bu t was supposed to have been the winning OS over Windows 7, Vista and XP, or was it? I think Windows 8 was a platform to comply with hand-helds much like Windows CE was back in 2000 and only a last thought to be PC compliant.