XP

Yesterday I downloaded some of Microsoft's XP Power Toys from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx.
Now, all the icons on my system have reverted to the old Windows 2000 style.
I think the change was caused by the TweakUI power tool, but am not sure. I
can't find any setting in that tool that would change the icon look.

Even when I open the Properties for an item, and select Change Icon, when I
select the new XP style icon from the list (from
%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll), the icon remains with the old W2K style
icon look.

It appears that one of the Power Toys changed a registry variable somewhere.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance for any help

Answered.

--