XP2 installed and no voice or video call in Messenger

I used to make voice and video calls well until yesterday when I downloaded
the XP Pro SP2.
When I want to accept video or voice calls or request them, my DSL Modem
resets itself. I turned off firewall and still can not make calls or receive
them. My ISP says is a messenger issue, because only happens when messenger
wants to make the call or accept it.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
PD no firewall installed, no antivirus or other blocker program

Greetings,

Just out of curiosity, are you using Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
>I used to make voice and video calls well until yesterday when I downloaded the XP Pro SP2.
> When I want to accept video or voice calls or request them, my DSL Modem resets itself. I
> turned off firewall and still can not make calls or receive them. My ISP says is a
> messenger issue, because only happens when messenger wants to make the call or accept it.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance.
> PD no firewall installed, no antivirus or other blocker program

Windows Messenger
Thanks

> Greetings,
>
> Just out of curiosity, are you using Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger?
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
>>I used to make voice and video calls well until yesterday when I
>>downloaded the XP Pro SP2.
>> When I want to accept video or voice calls or request them, my DSL Modem
>> resets itself. I turned off firewall and still can not make calls or
>> receive them. My ISP says is a messenger issue, because only happens when
>> messenger wants to make the call or accept it.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks in advance.
>> PD no firewall installed, no antivirus or other blocker program

Hi,

Try downgrading the previous version of Windows Messenger here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

> Windows Messenger
> Thanks
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, are you using Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger?
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
>>>I used to make voice and video calls well until yesterday when I downloaded the XP Pro
>>>SP2.
>>> When I want to accept video or voice calls or request them, my DSL Modem resets itself. I
>>> turned off firewall and still can not make calls or receive them. My ISP says is a
>>> messenger issue, because only happens when messenger wants to make the call or accept it.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> PD no firewall installed, no antivirus or other blocker program

Thanks, no luck. I still can not make video or vocie calls

> Hi,
>
> Try downgrading the previous version of Windows Messenger here:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
>> Windows Messenger
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Just out of curiosity, are you using Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger?
>>> Jonathan Kay
>>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
>>> Associate Expert
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>>> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
>>> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>>>
>>> "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message

It sounds like a port issue. I am researching these issues and will post an
update once I am finished.

Bob
> Thanks, no luck. I still can not make video or vocie calls
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try downgrading the previous version of Windows Messenger here:

http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
> > Jonathan Kay
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> > Associate Expert
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
> > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> >
> > "Hjalmar Leon" <hleon@sprynet.com> wrote in message
> >> Windows Messenger
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message

Messenger?

This sounds bad...but I decided to kill of the SP2 firewall.

Bob