[SOLVED] xpg 550w pylon 80+ bronze

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
hi, could someone tell me if this is a decent psu for my system? i currently have an evga 500 80+ white

my system:
ryzen 5600x
motherboard aorus elite b550m
xpg 2x8 3200 ram
crucial 500gb ssd
seagate 1tb hdd
gtx 980 4gb
cooler master elite 430 case
my case has 2 fan coolers

so far my system havent had any power down, or any issue that i can think of, but this psu will have almost 5 years since i bought it from my old system, i recently upgraded my system and well i just took my psu for the new one since it seemed to be working fine.
the price for this psu at the closest store is at 63$ (no i cannot order this online from abroad it would be super expensive, so this is what we can deal with.)
https://www.xpg.com/en/feature/670/

Solution
hi, could someone tell me if this is a decent psu for my system? i currently have an evga 500 80+ white

my system:
ryzen 5600x
xpg 2x8 3200 ram
crucial 500gb ssd
seagate 1tb hdd
gtx 980 4gb

so far my system havent had any power down, or any issue that i can think of, but this psu will have almost 5 years since i bought it from my old system, i recently upgraded my system and well i just took my psu for the new one since it seemed to be working fine.
the price for this psu at the closest store is at 63$ (no i cannot order this online from abroad it would be super expensive, so this is what we can...

my system:
ryzen 5600x
xpg 2x8 3200 ram
crucial 500gb ssd
seagate 1tb hdd
gtx 980 4gb

the price for this psu at the closest store is at 63$ (no i cannot order this online from abroad it would be super expensive, so this is what we can deal with.)
https://www.xpg.com/en/feature/670/
It's a low budget unit so not much information is availble for it. It's likely better than what you have now but certainly not what you'd call a solid choice. The 3 year warranty doesn't inspire much confidence either. Decent quality models have 5 year warranties and good models 7-10 years if that means anything to you. If you can't spend more for a higher quality PSU then there's not much to say. I would not plan on keeping it past the warranty expiration. According to the label on the PSU it delivers full power on the +12 volt so it should be enough for your listed specs.

Solution

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
It's a low budget unit so not much information is availble for it. It's likely better than what you have now but certainly not what you'd call a solid choice. The 3 year warranty doesn't inspire much confidence either. Decent quality models have 5 year warranties and good models 7-10 years if that means anything to you. If you can't spend more for a higher quality PSU then there's not much to say. I would not plan on keeping it past the warranty expiration. According to the label on the PSU it delivers full power on the +12 volt so it should be enough for your listed specs.

better than my current psu at least?

yeah the problem is that in my country the more "decent" ones that you would consider to be decent at least are over 150$ and its not really something i wanna spend on.
at least this one seems to be more updated and better certified to the one i have, plus japanese capacitors if that means anything.

better than my current psu at least?

yeah the problem is that in my country the more "decent" ones that you would consider to be decent at least are over 150$ and its not really something i wanna spend on.
at least this one seems to be more updated and better certified to the one i have, plus japanese capacitors if that means anything.
Yes, better than what you have. At least it's not some generic piece of junk that we see a lot of here. It should be fine for a few years.

Reactions: Chriss Angeh