Review XPG Core Reactor 750W Power Supply Review

Feb 13, 2020
Thanks for this complete review.

But I think this review fails to catch the point that makes this PSU unique: its depth is only 140mm.

Very few PSUs are able to provide 750W with such shallow depth, and no one does with such a good quality. This is a very rare feat. Cases with little space and most mini-ITX build can benefit from this PSU, I think this should be mentioned.

Corsair RM-X, with >160mm is the main opponent thorough the review. Although It's fair to compare both PSU's, but we should mention what those 20mm extra do for, example, quiet operation. Corsair RM-X is no contender in this... "space" (no pun intended).

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
Nay, I don't consider CWT to be the same tier as Seasonic or Superflower. At this price, I rather go for Seasonic. If XPG decides to use Flextronics or Delta, then I am on!!

Last edited:

YuvrajMann

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for great review, i just have one question regarding this. can this psu avoid sudden pc restarts on power cuts before switching to ups(switching from mains to ups 15<ms) under load/gaming.

bignastyid

Titan
Here's one interesting thing i found about this PSU;
Moreover, official site doesn't list it's specs either. Just a wall of text as a description. Hard to read description with light grey lettering on white background.
That's an odd/shady sales site that is not secured. The info from xpg.com shows 10 years and the specs.
https://www.xpg.com/us/xpg/641

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The info from xpg.com shows 10 years and the specs.

On my end, that linked page doesn't exist.

Uh-Oh! Not Found

You’re in the middle of nowhere. The page you requested either was moved or doesn’t exist.

What you can do:

Go back Home page
Contact to me if you believe this happened in error

Also, when going to xpg.com, then selecting XPG -> Official Store, you'll land on the same store i linked in my reply. So, it is legit.

Btw, on xpg.com, i could not find any listing of PSUs. There's plenty of other hardware listed there, but no PSUs.

bignastyid

Titan
On my end, that linked page doesn't exist.

Also, when going to xpg.com, then selecting XPG -> Official Store, you'll land on the same store i linked in my reply. So, it is legit.

Btw, on xpg.com, i could not find any listing of PSUs. There's plenty of other hardware listed there, but no PSUs.
On the site under the XPG drop down choose products(not store) , then pc components on the page that comes up you can select PSU.

Reactions: YuvrajMann

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
On the site under the XPG drop down choose products(not store) , then pc components on the page that comes up you can select PSU.

Thanks for that.

After i navigated through the site, i now also see the PSU specs. But the link to go there directly doesn't work.

Any thoughts on XPG official store and contradictory info found on there?

bignastyid

Titan
Thanks for that.

After i navigated through the site, i now also see the PSU specs. But the link to go there directly doesn't work.

Any thoughts on XPG official store and contradictory info found on there?
Possible they don't offer the 10 year warranty in all markets and the website is poorly done so probably a mistake on their part, web designer in over their head(s).

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Possible they don't offer the 10 year warranty in all markets

Well, according to EU law, min warranty must be 2 years. Though, XPG lists it as 3 years. And that makes me wonder, to whom they offer the 10 years warranty?

and the website is poorly done so probably a mistake on their part, web designer in over their head(s).

Aris published the PSU review in 12th Feb. Now, it's 11th July, 5 months later. I find it hard to believe that XPG couldn't fix that "error" in time.
Shady dealings, if you ask me.

Here's one interesting thing i found about this PSU;
Moreover, official site doesn't list it's specs either. Just a wall of text as a description. Hard to read description with light grey lettering on white background.
This is not unusual. In fact, it's becoming more and more common. Used to be a rare occurrence when a manufacturer or brand sent out "golden" samples but the retail models were modestly different. Now, it seems to be an almost regular occurrence, and the thing about that which is disturbing is that reviewers don't revisit this to ascertain accuracy or legitimacy of these kinds of BS problems. I'm not saying it's their responsibility, but, it's happening, it's pretty obvious and it SHOULD be something that SOMEBODY is interested in looking into. Except that, they aren't. So, you just have to stick to companies you know have too much invested in their company image to pull these kinds of shenanigans, rather than looking at products from companies who stand to gain by this kind of tactics.

Last edited:

YuvrajMann

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
the website mentions 3 years warranty then why it's advertised as 10 years warranty everywhere even on box? is there any special way to claim 10 years warranty, such as online product registration.

Oct 18, 2021
The materials used are of high quality, all capacitors are Japanese, which gives reliability to the XPG 750w GOLD power supply. There are several industrial grade protection systems, you can have peace of mind with your equipment connected to it. Few sources on the market have this level of protection, even as direct competition. The construction is very well executed, looks robust and has several cables to use and achieve future upgrades (just buy more cables) . Very quiet, uses 50% of the load and its noise level does not exceed 10 dB.
Teclab did a review of the power supply that passed with flying colors, it exceeded the parameters required in the test, supporting a lot the applied voltages, which leads us to believe that it is an oversized power supply (it will protect your assets without scares).
It's a GOLD source, but you can trust it, it gives you PLATINUM efficiency. On the Cybenetics website, the tests were performed at a temperature of 40-45 degrees and analyzing the test performed, the power supply would deliver a much higher efficiency at a temperature of 25-30 degrees (temperature at which it will be used), at 110v at least 92%, at 220v at least 94%, at 50% load. Saving energy is always good.
There are 10 years of warranty, no other manufacturer trusts their product so much to the point of offering a warranty with such a long term, especially for a product that stays on, being required to the maximum without fail, for at least 8 hours a day.
Analyzing all competitors there is no way not to buy it. Best value on the market!

Aug 11, 2021
I've got the 650w model of the XPG Core Reactor, it makes a high frequency sound during operation which really gets annoying after a short time. I wish reviewers would take the sound into consideration.

That may not be possible, as you might very possibly be a sample of one. There are a LOT of power supplies out there, in fact, maybe ALL, that have had one-off or at most, a few samples, that have had unusual problems or exhibited noise, while the majority of the model in the wild did not. So without some kind of evidence that it's a problem across the ENTIRE product line, or at least something that affects a fair number of units from that line, there really isn't anything for reviewers to take into consideration.

If you are having coil whine issues then you should contact XPG about a warranty replacement.

Reactions: Rusty-Shackelford