Question XPG Core Reactor. Are CPU & VGA ports interchangeable?, what PCIE Cables should I use?.

boogie_1987

Reputable
Mar 2, 2018
Hi everyone.

Ok, I'm not talking about the cables, I'm using the corresponding cables. I'm talking about the ports on the PSU. So I have three questions.

1.- Ok so, top left is CPU and next to it is VGA for my GPU. Does that mean they are labeled?. But then, below there are three, which one is CPU and which one is GPU?, they all look the same!, are they the same?, can I use my PCIE and CPU cables on any of those five ports?.

2.- My other problem is that the CPU cable is too short and can't reach my Motherboard, unless I plug the CPU cable into the third bottom right port. Can I do that?.

3.- And my last question is. What cables should I use for my GPU?. My GPU has a 6pin and 8pin ports. The PSU came with 4 PCIe cables. (see photo), Two are not daisy chained (left) and two are (right, there's only one there, but I have two). I would like to use the ones that are just one cable, it would look cleaner. And this goes back to the first question, what goes where?.

Thanks.

1.- Ok so, top left is CPU and next to it is VGA for my GPU. Does that mean they are labeled?. But then, below there are three, which one is CPU and which one is GPU?, they all look the same!, are they the same?, can I use my PCIE and CPU cables on any of those five ports?.
Yes. That's why it says "CPU & VGA"

2.- My other problem is that the CPU cable is too short and can't reach my Motherboard, unless I plug the CPU cable into the third bottom right port. Can I do that?.
Yes. All three are the same.

3.- And my last question is. What cables should I use for my GPU?. My GPU has a 6pin and 8pin ports. The PSU came with 4 PCIe cables. (see photo), Two are not daisy chained (left) and two are (right, there's only one there, but I have two). I would like to use the ones that are just one cable, it would look cleaner. And this goes back to the first question, what goes where?.
Always best to not use "daisy chained" PCIe connectors. So if you can use two separate cables, use two separate cables.

Reactions: boogie_1987

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Hi there, thanks for these questions and answers, they were really useful.

I have another question related to this... How many GPUs can I connect to this PSU? considering single cables (no daisy chained).

More specific is if I could connect 2x3070Ti Gygabye GPU (they have 2x8-pin connector each) at the same time to this PSU.. no other components connected at all

Thanks
Alex
Make your own thread instead of bumping this one, you will get more answers that way as well.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/power-supplies.75/post-thread

Reactions: AlexGarcia00

ASK THE COMMUNITY