[SOLVED] XPG invader ideal fan setup ?

iStungu

Prominent
Oct 10, 2021
I have XPG invader case and i was wondering what is the ideal fan setup for maximum and efficient cooling performance

Currently i am running 3 infront as intake fans

Side panel got 2 fans intake as well

Up 1 exhaust

Rear 1 exhaust

Images of my setup for reference

https://ibb.co/1s5V9Dz

I have 3900XT cooled with noctua u14s

Rtx 3070 zotac twin edge

32 gb @3200Mhz of ram

750 watt psu cooler master bronze

Mobo is msi b550 tomahawk

Solution
See, the problem with chassis that have optional front and side fan mounts is that they're both there at the same time; some people go and fill them both up...
A)Don't worry about how it's set up if you're doing it for the looks.
B)Pick one side, seal the other, and use a spare fan up top. Maybe use the side as the intake, since there's less resistance there.
That 'T-boned' airflow you got at the front is needless turbulence and that adds noise.

IDK... if you're not having any temperature issues, do it how you want.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
See, the problem with chassis that have optional front and side fan mounts is that they're both there at the same time; some people go and fill them both up...
B)Pick one side, seal the other, and use a spare fan up top. Maybe use the side as the intake, since there's less resistance there.
That 'T-boned' airflow you got at the front is needless turbulence and that adds noise.

Reactions: iStungu
Solution

iStungu

Prominent
Oct 10, 2021

I had a thread in cpu section mentioned how my 3900xt suffer a high temp all the time
Found that it's a cooler issue and bought noctua u14 s and right now I don't have any issues with the temp it's completely the opposite i have an idle temp of 33 and max load temp recorded is 72 till now , thanks for your tips you helped a lot in both threads