Question XPS 15 9500 reboot loop

Jan 5, 2021
Help needed!! My XPS 15 9500 reboot loops every morning until the Automatic repair screen arrives.

After the repair screen, I restart it and it works completely fine, without any sudden restarts. It only happens in the morning. I've tried everything from troubleshooting, hardware and OS repair and everything says that it's working perfectly. The startup repair in the the automatic repair says that startup repair couldn't repair your PC. I have literally no idea what to do so it would be very helpful if anyone could diagnose the problem and tell me the solution. I've updated all drivers, bios is set to defaults. I think I've done everything I can except resetting my PC which I don't want to do but if nothing works I'll have to resort to that.
I'll attach the video link of what happens every morning.
P.S. - It's really cold here and it goes in the negative 7-10 celcius at nights, could that be the reason ???

View: https://youtu.be/BWuyLmrpdgY

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Check and see what OS version you're on at the moment of writing. If you're able to get into BIOS, see what version you're. Cross reference that number with the BIOS versions listed on Dell's support page for your laptop. If you have a number of updates to go through for your BIOS, work you way gradually taking note of any MEI or chipset drivers that need updating as well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
try turning this off, see if it changes anything - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

open command prompt (admin)
type chkdsk c: /f /r (if boot drive is a hdd)
type chkdsk c: /f (if boot drive is an ssd)
and press enter
2 paragraphs pop up, agree to run at start up and restart PC

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Jan 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Check and see what OS version you're on at the moment of writing. If you're able to get into BIOS, see what version you're. Cross reference that number with the BIOS versions listed on Dell's support page for your laptop. If you have a number of updates to go through for your BIOS, work you way gradually taking note of any MEI or chipset drivers that need updating as well.
Yeah, I've installed all the latest drivers from the dell support site and flashed the latest bios too. Windows is up to date also.

Jan 5, 2021
try turning this off, see if it changes anything - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

open command prompt (admin)
type chkdsk c: /f /r (if boot drive is a hdd)
type chkdsk c: /f (if boot drive is an ssd)
and press enter
2 paragraphs pop up, agree to run at start up and restart PC

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC
Startup repair doesn't work, it just says that it couldn't repair your pc. I'll try the other 2 methods and see if it fixes my laptop.

Mar 9, 2021
Startup repair doesn't work, it just says that it couldn't repair your pc. I'll try the other 2 methods and see if it fixes my laptop.

Any news? I'm having the exact same issue and have seen others are...I haven't found a permanent fix yet. It seemed to start happening after updating Windows and drivers. It seems this issue has been around for a good few months. I'd be surprised if there is no fix by now?

Jan 5, 2021
Any news? I'm having the exact same issue and have seen others are...I haven't found a permanent fix yet. It seemed to start happening after updating Windows and drivers. It seems this issue has been around for a good few months. I'd be surprised if there is no fix by now?
With nothing working, I just got my unit replaced. Customer care would help you there.