xps 600 four lights

gwrsmr

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
I just replaced my power supply and the computor started up fine on off green- blue light around-now I am back to solid amber on power button and lights 1,2,3 off and 4 a solid green. Can anyone tell me whats up please.

That is interesting, in your user manual (beginning pg 55) Dell does not give that as a troubleshooting code, is it possible it's the #1 led that's lit and 2,3, & 4 are off? I did find one thread which had the same light combination and in that case it was bad capacitors on the motherboard so you might want to take a look at your motherboard, checking for swollen or leaky capacitors (which would indicate a fault). Capacitors are one of the few things on a motherboard which can be replaced if one is adept at soldering.
If you don't have it bookmarked already, your documentation is here http://www.dell.com/support/Manuals/us/en/04/Product/xps-dxg

gwrsmr

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
Thank You I will take a look at that. It is definately 1,2,3, out and 4 on. Also The only way to shut it down now is to unplug it and when it is plugged in there is a yellow light on the motherboard. The motherboard in only about three months old,.

gwrsmr

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
I forgot to mention that before it went down after putting in the new power supply it would not boot up and it said low battery and I replaced the little 2032 and that did not change anything it still said that.

Since the back diagnostic lights aren't helpful here - this is Dell's solutions to a steady amber light from page 49 of your owners manual
"IF THE POWER LIGHT IS STEADY AMBER — A device might be malfunctioning or incorrectly installed.
• Ensure that the processor power cable is securely connected to the system board power connector
(POWER12V) (see "System Board Components" on page 78).
• Remove and then reinstall the memory modules (see "Memory" on page 79).
• Remove and then reinstall any cards (see "Removing PCI and PCI Express Cards" on page 89).
• Remove and then reinstall the graphics card, if applicable (see "Removing PCI and PCI Express Cards"
on page 89)."