XPS Gen 5 diagnostic lights..??

Does anyone that has a Gen 5 desktop look and tell me if the
diagnostic lights stay on after bootup..??

nick

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:00:54 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,
deltasixxeleven@verizon.net wrote:

> Does anyone that has a Gen 5 desktop look and tell me if the
>diagnostic lights stay on after bootup..??

Hmmm....

Looking three inches to the left of your message: mine don't! :)

You might want to take a look at the 'Diagnostic Lights' topic in your
Owner's Manual; that explains the different combinations and when they're
lit.

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

"Natural laws have no pity." R.A.H.

>Hmmm....
>
>Looking three inches to the left of your message: mine don't! :)
>
>You might want to take a look at the 'Diagnostic Lights' topic in your
>Owner's Manual; that explains the different combinations and when they're
>lit.

I have...It is not very specific about how long they are lit..It
gives the impression that they stay lit (green) if all ok, then the
various "patterns" if not...

Thanks !!

I don't know about the XPS Gen5, but

I have a Gen3 and a Gen4. The diagnostic lights come on at bootup and Stay
On.

mudrat

<deltasixxeleven@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Does anyone that has a Gen 5 desktop look and tell me if the
> diagnostic lights stay on after bootup..??

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:51:30 -0500, "oldmudrat"
<rat@<nospamallowed>nomail.com> wrote:

>I don't know about the XPS Gen5, but
>
>I have a Gen3 and a Gen4. The diagnostic lights come on at bootup and Stay
>On.
>

>mudrat

Thanks..I guess Ill play the put on hold game with Dell..!!