XSPC Triple seal compression fittings

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
So I bought XSPC PETG tubing 14mm OD, to go with the matching fittings... so both the tubing and fittings are from the same brand.

I used a digital caliper to test all the tubing to make sure it wasn't a bad batch. the OD of the tubing is dead on...

Well long story short... there is no way in heck this tubing will EVER go down into these fittings... my best results were taking the end of the PETG and violently grinding it down on my belt sander... and even then it is quite snug. I even bought an XSPC O ring kit to change gaskets... nothing... anyone got any ideas?

Got them from Titanrig on amazon... i'm thinking of trying to find some OD 14.5mm o rings instead at a hardware store.

Or do I just return them? Problem is... there aren't many fittings out there made for OD 14mm.

Solution
So.. I did some DIY work with this.
I went with a wbsite called the o ring store.

I got the same O rings that go into the fittings, 14mm ID, but instead of a 2mm cross section, I bought o rings with both a 1.5mm CS and a 1.8MM cs... guess that? Works PERFECTLY! Great fix to what seems a relatively common problem with XSPC PETG fittings.

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
So.. I did some DIY work with this.
I went with a wbsite called the o ring store.

I got the same O rings that go into the fittings, 14mm ID, but instead of a 2mm cross section, I bought o rings with both a 1.5mm CS and a 1.8MM cs... guess that? Works PERFECTLY! Great fix to what seems a relatively common problem with XSPC PETG fittings.

Solution