Xtasy 9600 pro vs. ti4200

thesebadoh

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2003
CompUSA has a VisionTek Xtasy 9600 pro card (128mb) for 100 dollars after rebates. I have little problem waiting for 50 dollars in rebates, however I do have a question. I was wondering if that particular card would be the best deal around that price range, or if I should still go with a 128mb ti4200 card, like I was initially planning. What are your opinions... would it be a better option to shell out an extra 10 dollars, and wait a couple of months for 50 dollars in rebates for the 9600 pro, or should I just go with the ti4200?

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
OMFG!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!

How the H3LL did you find such a good price on a Radeon 9600 Pro? Get THAT by all means! $100 for a 9600 Pro, now I must send back the 3 Ti4200 cards afterall at that price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
You must be the best shopper out there d00d! I can't wait to hear what everyone else has to say w00t!!!!!

Oh BTW, does CompUSA have an online store. If they do, will I be able to get ahold of mail-in or online rebates as well with an online purchase?

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by UFO_WARVIPER on 09/01/03 05:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

[without the enthusiasm of warviper] Yeah man get th e9600 pro a much better card for that price[/without the enthusiasm of warviper]

-={Cowardly, Big Time.}=-
-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Okay, what about online CompUSA, rebates, etc. I do live in the Pineywoods of Jacksonville, East Texas, so obbviously there is no CompUSA(there may or may not be one in Tyler @ 30 miles away) and the nearest Fry's Electronics is over 100 miles Northwest in Dallas

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
No enthusiasm you say? I've never had probs with a little "Xstasy" over products in the graphics card market.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
yes =)

prices will drop fast soon..... because the next relaese of video cards are coming out.. gffx6000 (or whatever) and the R360

the 9600pro will become the 8500le, which is sweet for everyone. its REAL dx9 for the masses, unlike the 5200

-------

<A HREF="http://www.teenirc.net/chat/tomshardware.html" target="_new"> come to THGC chat~ NOW. dont make me get up ffs @#@$</A>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Still, what about the questions about rebates for online purchases if there is such a thing for CompUSA?

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
I think I found it:

<A HREF="http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?ref=performics&product_code=304458&pfp=BROWSE" target="_new">http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?ref=performics&product_code=304458&pfp=BROWSE</A>

This is a Radeon 9600 <b>non-pro</b> Do yall still think its worth it(for both me and the original poster)? How much faster would a 9600 Pro be?

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Ah the rebate is limited to 1 per household, so it looks like I'm probably not in on this deal. It looks like the rebate offer ends September 4th, anywayz, so the rebate will expire before the time that it would have reached me by shipping. I mean it <i>MIGHT</i> get here on time, but its taking quite a gamble, IMO. As for the other guy, if there is a CompUSA store in his time, and he fills out the rebate right away, I would grab one while I still can.

Phukface was right, *Bonks UFO_WARVIPER on the head 3 times with a sledgehammer* less "Xstasy for me next time.

thesebadoh

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2003
Yeah, it appears to not be the pro. The ad that I received in the newspaper actually advertised it as being the 9600 pro. It was advertised as:

"Visiontek Xtasy 9600 Pro 128MB AGP Graphics Card"

Isn't that false advertisement?

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
We should all hold them to it. If you go in and make a big enough scene, they'll probably do it. They don't have to, though, because of that part at the bottom in small print that says they take no responsibility for typographincal errors.
-Brett

Get in touch with your local better business bureau they may have to provide a certain number at that price. Best Buy had to do that for one of their web screw-ups.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: