Xvid conversion to mpeg2..audio out of sync....

Hello,

I converted an Xvid to an MPEG2 in hope to make a DVD out of it.
Codec
Video 4CC xvid Name XviD
x:y 624x256 (2.44:1) [=39:16]
bitrate: 1151 kb/s FPS: 23.976
Codec
Audio ac3 (0x2000)
Bitrate: 448 kb/s (5 ch) CBR Fs: 48000 Hz

I tried to convert it to NTSC MPEG2 with an FPS at 29.97 (it does not
give me .976, leaving the x:y the same. I left the audio at 48k 16 bit

sound.

However, when it done, the audio and video are out of sync by about 1
second. The video file turned out to be about 1 second larger than the

audio file.

It is because of the 23.976 FPS to 29.976?

Suggestions,

Thanks,

Tmuld

<tmuldoon@spliced.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>

> I converted an Xvid to an MPEG2 in hope to make a DVD out of it.
> Codec
> Video 4CC xvid Name XviD
> x:y 624x256 (2.44:1) [=39:16]
> bitrate: 1151 kb/s FPS: 23.976
> Codec
> Audio ac3 (0x2000)
> Bitrate: 448 kb/s (5 ch) CBR Fs: 48000 Hz
>

> I tried to convert it to NTSC MPEG2 with an FPS at 29.97 (it does not
> give me .976, leaving the x:y the same. I left the audio at 48k 16 bit
>
> sound.
>

> However, when it done, the audio and video are out of sync by about 1
> second. The video file turned out to be about 1 second larger than the
>
> audio file.
>

> It is because of the 23.976 FPS to 29.976?
>

> Suggestions,
>

> Thanks,
>

> Tmuld

I'd suggest