Question Y splitter dual loop

lingarajug

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
I am planning to update my loop and i plan on cooling cpu and gpu, i have a d5 pump/res combo, instead of running loop usual way across blocks and rads in series i want to use a Y splitter and run 2 loops to cpu and gpu block directly and then to their rads and then to a Y splitter input in efforts to decrease loop length, will there be any benefit this way rather than run in series, thank you.

Doubtful. And it seems like at this point you're chasing an unachievable goal. If I was you, I'd stop spending money and enjoy your rig as is. Your loop is good as is, and the temps arent terrible. Back off the oc a little and the cpu and just enjoy the pc.

Unless you really just like messing around with different loops and buying new parts just to buy new parts.

Give it a try and share the results. I'd be interested in your findings. But really don't think it will be any benefit. As you'll only be running a single rad per component, yes? Compared to using dual rads but sharing them between blocks. But then again maybe removing that extra heat from the cpu loop may slightly lower the temps. Altough the coolant will eventually equalize since you still only running a single pump and the loops will share it.

May be an interesting experiment.

lingarajug

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
@Gmoney06ss yes but i have two 360 nexxxos monsta rads one after each block so the loop will be smaller component and temp difference will be better to unload heat from blocks as my pc setup is in basement and it always a cool 50f in there so water going into blocks will be colder and draw out more heat is my concept here, my TT sensor started to leak so i will be removing it and go for traditional sensor setup rather than all in one sensor, will update results here, thanks