YAAD: Next time I'll geno the titan

Level 15 ranger reached the castle with two pet dragons, green and silver,
wielding Magicbane and the LoD (plus Mojo, Giantslayer and Werebane in the
BoH). My only remaining conduct was wishless, since instead of moving a
boulder out of alingment with a rolling trap in the mines, I'd moved it
off a polytrap (oops), and I'd blessed-geno'ed all Liches out of existence
early. AC was only about -17 however, since I hadn't done any polypiling
(just turned a dog into a green dragon - that's not so bad is it?)

Anyhow, I saw three golden nagas waiting for me in the castle, and since I
didn't want to lose the remaining armor I had (not thinking that as long
as I held onto MB instead of letting loose with arows I wouldn't have to
worry about that) I decided to use my one uncursed geno scroll to take
them out quickly. Used a b?Earth to fill in the moat and build a traffic
before striking down the gate.

Then ... The invisible titan casts a spell! Monsters appear from nowhere!

Lather, rinse, repeat. and repeat. and repeat. Two quick Elbereths and a
scroll of taming were no match, even when I added black and blue
dragons, a green slime, and two minotaurs to my menagerie. They kept
coming, wave after wave, killing all my pets and I couldn't get through
the field into the castle proper to cancel or kill the titan. I had no
idea they had such huge mana reserves, in part because I was either close
enough to kill them before or didn't survive the first waves.

Finally, a couple Elvenkings softened me up while I was on E, and a
minotaur finished me off.

DYWYPI? Hell no, I want that titan's head on a popsicle stick!

--
"We are setting a standard for the rest of the world in the treatment
of people who may have loyalties to an enemy nation. We are protecting

Yashichi <devnull@127.0.0.1> writes:
> [ Subject: Next time I'll geno the titan ]

verbalize("No, mortal! That will not be done.");

"Yashichi" <devnull@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> Then ... The invisible titan casts a spell! Monsters appear from nowhere!
> DYWYPI? Hell no, I want that titan's head on a popsicle stick!

you just wait till you're fighting Archons!
they're even nastier

"Yashichi" <devnull@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Level 15 ranger reached the castle with two pet dragons, green and silver,
> wielding Magicbane and the LoD (plus Mojo, Giantslayer and Werebane in the
> BoH). My only remaining conduct was wishless, since instead of moving a
> boulder out of alingment with a rolling trap in the mines, I'd moved it
> off a polytrap (oops), and I'd blessed-geno'ed all Liches out of existence
> early. AC was only about -17 however, since I hadn't done any polypiling
> (just turned a dog into a green dragon - that's not so bad is it?)
>
> Anyhow, I saw three golden nagas waiting for me in the castle, and since I
> didn't want to lose the remaining armor I had (not thinking that as long
> as I held onto MB instead of letting loose with arows I wouldn't have to
> worry about that) I decided to use my one uncursed geno scroll to take
> them out quickly. Used a b?Earth to fill in the moat and build a traffic
> before striking down the gate.
>
> Then ... The invisible titan casts a spell! Monsters appear from nowhere!
>
> Lather, rinse, repeat. and repeat. and repeat. Two quick Elbereths and a
> scroll of taming were no match, even when I added black and blue
> dragons, a green slime, and two minotaurs to my menagerie. They kept
> coming, wave after wave, killing all my pets and I couldn't get through
> the field into the castle proper to cancel or kill the titan. I had no
> idea they had such huge mana reserves, in part because I was either close
> enough to kill them before or didn't survive the first waves.
>
> Finally, a couple Elvenkings softened me up while I was on E, and a
> minotaur finished me off.
>
> DYWYPI? Hell no, I want that titan's head on a popsicle stick!

I might try the confused ?oTaming next time, guarenteed to attempt to tame
everything within an 11X11 area. You might have gotten a titan as a pet or
at least calmed it. I've used one in the Wizard's zoo... was interesting.

Danny