YAAP (second ascension, valkyrie)

Well, I'll make this one short. I usually play valks, but the one
time I played a wizard I made it to demigoddesshood. So this time, I
returned to the Valkyrie, but I played *carefully*. It paid off. She
ascended with -36 AC wielding the +7 Grayswandir (and carring the +7
Excalibur and +7 Mjollnir) after around 130 000 turns. Yes I know
that's long. I was trying to get more artifacts. I was wearing a helm
of telepathy (even though I had it from Tyr), silver dragon scale mail,
speed boots, a T-shirt, gauntlets of power, and an elven shield (I
don't understand twoweaponing). Level 30, 426 hitpoints- the first
time I've tried alchemy, and potions of gain level were smoky so I
blessed and quaffed all the one I found. All stats were maxed except
for intelligence, where I only had 11. I genocided h, L, and ;.

Nothing unusual this game. The only wishes I got were from the
Castle wand. By then I had already found nearly all the armour I
wanted, so I wished for silver dragon scale mail, speed boots, a bag of
holding, and a magic marker (and scrolls of charging). The mysterious
force was seriously annoying, even with controlled teleportitis. (I
always eat tengus until I get teleport control, even though they were
peaceful this game.) Rodney wasn't as bad as I thought he would be- I
only killed him 8 times and had 21 potions of holy water and 2 blessed
scrolls of remove curse left over. The astral plane was a lot better
than last time, since I figured out I should wear conflict and teleport
away my enemies. Even though I had 2 amulets of life-saving (wearing
one), I never died. Nice peaceful game, in all.

Two questions: I found Vorpal Blade randomly in Gehennom, and it
kept blasting me so I decided to try to polypile it. Werebane, a
rather useless gift from my god, was in the same pile. Vorpal Blade
disappeared while Werebane didn't. Can artifacts be polymorphed? (I
guess another wandering peaceful monster could have taken it.) Does it
have to do with whether the artifact was a gift?

What character class should I try next? I don't think I'm ready
to try a conduct game.

-mto

M.O. wrote:

> Two questions: I found Vorpal Blade randomly in Gehennom, and
> it
> kept blasting me so I decided to try to polypile it. Werebane, a
> rather useless gift from my god, was in the same pile. Vorpal Blade
> disappeared while Werebane didn't. Can artifacts be polymorphed?
> (I
> guess another wandering peaceful monster could have taken it.) Does
> it have to do with whether the artifact was a gift?

You left vorpy lying around? I hope you at least wrote elbereth on
that square. (and i am one to talk, i do this all the time.)

Artifacts have a high resistance. You can polymorph them but it can
take a long time.

Jorge