Yahoo! CEO Says Google Has a Growth Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Uhhh....... 99.9% of Google is just a search engine huh?

lol ok.

eula

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Google only known search? lets see here, Advertising, Andriod, Maps, Mail, Picasa (photo service), Cloud storage, Chrome, and MANY MANY many more things Google does.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Where is Yahoo's answer to google apps, google maps and street view, the Android OS, Youtube, the superior google news, Pisca, the Chrome OS and browser, and their vastly better email system?

Yahoo is known for floundering. Search is only half their business. The other half is floundering in a market where they just can't seem to compete any more.

afforess

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I guess we should just ignore Google Earth, Google News, Youtube, Gmail, and every other feature that Google has made. Lady, I would stop worrying about how competitor's are doing, and start worrying about yourself. Last time I checked, Yahoo was losing money, fast.

jokemeister

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Don't know if I'm missing something here, but Google is always in the headlines but I NEVER hear of Yahoo doing anything except suffering lost market share.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Does Google wake up in the middle of the night requiring the use of a toilet? Does Google think it has a Going problem? If so Google might actually have a growing problem.

Am i the only person who thought of this when i read the title?

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]proxy711[/nom]Does Google wake up in the middle of the night requiring the use of a toilet? Does Google think it has a Going problem? If so Google might actually have a growing problem.Am i the only person who thought of this when i read the title?[/citation]
You've been watching too much tv.

kr33py

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
I'm stunned at the sheer stupidity of her comments,yet she sits in the high seat.

Sigh at her and sigh at Ya....who?

warriorwhite_1

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
She is right, Google has to grow, or better acquire.

After all putting all eggs in a basket, may not be appealing, some strategist from opponent side might think of breaking the eggs, or shifting the basket itself, or might even try to kill the hen, who gave the eggs, to find something inside it, who knows.

Note:
Wise folks make beautiful things that are true and necessary as well, something like search.
Then wise folks go ahead and enjoy it, might maintain it as well.
And then wise folks become foolish and themselves destroy it.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
"Overpaid CEO of an irrelevant has-been company spouts off about a successful competitor. Film at 11."

There, I fixed your headline for you.

PlutoDelic

Distinguished
May 31, 2005
I just can't believe it. I have noticed people calling Google SKYNET, and i understand that sort of paranoia cause we went through a lot of SKYNET's (microsoft, etc). But if one company in this world convinced me that it cares for the users it has, and especially for its employers, it's GOOGLE.

maybe not a perfect webmail app, but there's nothing better than GMAIL.
maybe not the perfect mobile OS, but far better availability for production through open source with Android.
google has so many maybe's which in the end will be our first choice solutions, it's the only company in the world that supports competitors (firefox is based on google soil), and they like goats (smart ass people, free goat cheese, i knew they were up to something).

they were the first who got together with nasa and did google maps, why didnt yahoo think of that?

nevermind, i am just pissing my self off.

Status
Not open for further replies.