Yahoo! Introducess Hand-Written Search in Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgoblue3296

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
At first I though that this would be really useful on iPhones and Androids and other mobile phones with touchscreens, and then I saw it required Flash. Sucks for iPhones.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]NeeKo[/nom]Move to english already!!![/citation]
Chinese is a perfectly modern language on its own, it doesn't need ignorance from people like you who expect others to learn your language.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]NeeKo[/nom]English is not my language, I learned it because it is the "Global" language.My language is Spanish.[/citation]
Granted, half the people who speak english coudln't be arsed to learn other global languages such as spanish, or french and expect those who don't speak english to just flock over. A thousand years of culture in these languages, and some could care less about the other ones as long as they aren't doing the work of learning.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Well...just one more example that Apple just can't have it always his way, and poor iPhone users (if they use Yahoo) Though I wonder actually how many Chinese speakers in Hong Kong and Taiwan have an iPhone and use google. Just hope that the pirated iPhone over there supports flash!

jackleung

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Even I can do it with my Win7 machines by enable "Tablet PC Input Panel" (they are not tablet!), this is a very nice feature.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]NeeKo[/nom]English is not my language, I learned it because it is the "Global" language.My language is Spanish.[/citation]

There is no global language. You use the language depending on the situation. If you're stopped at the spanish border would you insist the border guard speak the "global" language? How about to your grandmother?

blackwidow_rsa

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
There is a global language, you can expect most business people to speak english and it's a major 2nd language in any country, and no, english isn't my 1st language, it's afrikaans :p

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
You can already do this directly in the OS with the iPhone/iPod/iPad. I think Apple's new pad allows for this as well with the laptops and towers. You can draw out Chinese/Japanese/Korean etc words on it.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
The problem I see here is that Chinese keyboards must be awful if its easier to write by hand than type. For Latin character languages, the keyboard is many times faster.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Seems useless except maybe for using it to look up a character that you didn't know. Ever tried writing a complex character with a mouse? It's tough.

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
I bet that'll make a few things simpler. Excuse my ignorance of the Chinese language but I assume it's quite complicated to type unless you have a huge keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.