Yahoo Mail Flaw Could Allow Attackers To Read Emails, Infect Computers With No User Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Yahoo is the worst. If a customer calls me with an email problem or they start sending me spam it will be with a Yahoo account.

DMLee74128

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
I have to use Y-mail if I want to access Yahoo groups. Without it I can not access the group. Gmail is my primary email.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Is this a Windows vulnerability? as was the code written to go for windows or does it reach onto OS X and Linux as well?

dE_logics

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015
But ymail only works on Windows.

That's what they said the last time I checked.

Inside Yahoo, everything is proprietary BS which no one knows about; this's the primary reason for their demise.

Nope, standard imap or pop3 server. Your email client can be Linux, apple, android, or any other platform that supports the protocol. "...IMAP is the best way to connect your Yahoo Mail account to a desktop mail client or mobile app. .." https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

As far as the email servers at Yahoo goes, it is unlikely they are windows (because its not free). Agree with you they are likely running a proprietary mix of server hardware and software however that does not bother me ... they are surfacing industry standard email APIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.