Question Yahoo POP -- Thunderbird and Mailwasher email check fails. Other yahoo accounts are fine ?

paul296

Honorable
Nov 29, 2014
I have three Yahoo email accounts all information is the same except for user name, email address and passwords. All yahoo accounts have been working fine for years.

Two of them work but the third has failed for days/weeks, I can log into it via the web but not POP check, password is correct.
It's not just Thunderbird but also Mailwasher that fails on that same account, yet all the other accounts using the same information have no problem

Thunderbird error given: Sending of password for user XXXXXXX did not succeed. Mail server pop.mail.yahoo.com responded: Server error - Please try again later.

Mailwasher 6.54 error given: The operation timed out - response was received from the server.

I theorize that Yahoo broke the old allow 'Less secure apps' If I'm correct I can understand MW failing (Very old version) but not Thunderbird (I think) In any case the option is no longer available so I can't even check it.

Any ideas.