[SOLVED] Yahoo suddenly runs awful

Dz6900

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
As of one week ago yahoo is almost unusable. Everything else runs fine on my PC and I can literally load through nearly a dozen HD YouTube videos waiting for Yahoo to load my mailbox. anyone else experiencing this? I've tried disabling Ublock Origin to see if that helped; It made it worse. I tried switching browsers; Didn't help.

Solution
I just login to mine and it look fine. Then again, I don't have too much mail on that account.

is your windows up to date?

in a browser do F12, click the network tab. try login to yahoo and see if there something take a long time

Dz6900

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
clear your cache? try a different browser?
turn off all extension?
malware scan your system?
Already turned off extensions as stated, same with browsers. quick scan showed nothing and i doubt its malware. Yahoo is the only thing effected here. Not Netflix, YouTube, Steam, Wikis, Reddit or anything else.

Dz6900

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
possible you have too much mail in your account?
what is your system spec?
what error are you getting?
I've had much worse mailboxes before and cleared mine not too long ago. No errors to speak of, it just loads incredibly slow compared to literally everything else. Specs are more than up to the task of Yahoo. Ryzen 5 3600, Rtx 2060, 16G 3200mhz RAM.

Dz6900

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
check your dns server?
I wouldn't know how to, Networking is not my strong suit, I can google into it though. I'm confident it's a network issue, though. Because I'm only having problems under the Yahoo domain. I just loaded up my old Gmail with mail from 2016 and it runs fine.

rgd1101

Don't
I just login to mine and it look fine. Then again, I don't have too much mail on that account.

in a browser do F12, click the network tab. try login to yahoo and see if there something take a long time

Solution

Dz6900

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013

So I opened the network menu in f12 and yahoo started loading fine afterwards. I really don't know what to say to that. It's been struggling for the past week to load the front page. just 5 minutes ago I tried to open the mailbox and it didn't open at all while I went to several other sites to confirm it wasn't my internet. And then I opened the network menu with f12 and loaded a new page of yahoo and it started running fine. Its still running fine and I'm not sure what to think of that...

TRENDING THREADS