Yamaha Digital Piano P45 - C and F# don't play

Jun 30, 2019
Hello, all the C and F# keys above the middle C on my Yamaha P45 digital piano stopped working this morning. C and F# pairs on the 5th, 6th and 7th octaves and the last C8 key. I didn’t find any dust on the contacts. I tried reversing the ribbon cable which connects the higher octaves to the middle board, same result. Then I tried reversing the 27 pin flex ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the PCD, same result. All the diodes on the keyboard showed the same output.

It seems to be a common issue. Any help will be appreciated.
https://www.yamaha-keyboard-guide.com/yamaha-p.html

The alternate functions of these keys didn’t work either. So these keystrokes are not getting registered. Either no signal transmitted or no signal registered.

Thanks!
KJ

P2o7qN1.jpg

lXY8HYC.jpg

C0eVavQ.jpg

YcpMuP3.jpg

This is pretty specialized, did you talk to a music store to see if they can repair it or know of a repair guy that can? It is not too expensive to fix some keys on a keyboard, well under what it would cost to replace a good quality one or just one you are used to.

Reactions: Kaushik Jay

svalbaard

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
I have a similar in nature "keys" based problem on my Roland FP30. Mine though is that whenever I play something it always sounds out of tune and timing. I'm pretty sure it's a fault with the electronics because I've been playing piano for about 2 weeks now and consider myself to be a expert.