YANI: entering pits

janitor

I think if you are standing over top of a pit that you have escaped, you
should be able to descend into it by pressing the usual descend key
(">"). This would allow you to get into the pit without taking damage,
in order to pick up items at the bottom of it. Perhaps there should be a
chance of falling while making the attempt.

thoughts?

Janitor <fake@dontsend.com> wrote in news:%Zk4e.7622$Mg.892
@charlie.risq.qc.ca:

> I think if you are standing over top of a pit that you have escaped, you
> should be able to descend into it by pressing the usual descend key
> (">"). This would allow you to get into the pit without taking damage,
> in order to pick up items at the bottom of it. Perhaps there should be a
> chance of falling while making the attempt.
>
> thoughts?

Visit nethack.org

C343-12 fixed You can't use '>' to enter a pit.