Yanno i think everybody should go with what they like instead of arguing over all this BS

_goooge_

Reputable
May 17, 2014
i think its kind of stupid of which one is better amd or intel. All of you should just go with what you like and not argue about which ones better. I personally like amd because thats all ive used with all my laptops and desktops. but the laptop im using has intel and when i go to smell the fan it smells like its burning and lots of heat but on my desktop with amd the fan is blowing out cold air. So i like amd then intel

Solution
the problem is quite simple: fanboyism. or in other words people who ignore facts yet argue that one is better than the other based on just their opinion.

--

intel chips run cooler using less electricity and giving more performance than amd chips. they win on all fronts except price where amd beats them out.

however, if talking about the A-series chips from amd they have a much stronger onboard gpu which beats out the onboard in intel chips. however i'm not sure of how much use this is because neither onboard is good for games and the intel chips handle video better.

as far as performance is concerned then intel > amd at the moment if you can afford them. however, if you are on a limited budget then amd chips make sense as...

Hlias Anton

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
so you prefer amd cos their fans smell better?! And you compare Laptops Heat with a Desktop?Your arguments are pointless

i agree that everyone must go with what he likes more, but with more acceptable arguments!

the problem is quite simple: fanboyism. or in other words people who ignore facts yet argue that one is better than the other based on just their opinion.

--

intel chips run cooler using less electricity and giving more performance than amd chips. they win on all fronts except price where amd beats them out.

however, if talking about the A-series chips from amd they have a much stronger onboard gpu which beats out the onboard in intel chips. however i'm not sure of how much use this is because neither onboard is good for games and the intel chips handle video better.

as far as performance is concerned then intel > amd at the moment if you can afford them. however, if you are on a limited budget then amd chips make sense as well.

--

the burning smell from your laptop is another issue entirely.

perhaps the cooler is undersized, you havent blown the dust out of it or another issue.

--

just a note to anyone responding... fanboy arguements and insults in this thread will not be tolerated

Solution

TRENDING THREADS