YAPPP - Yet another post praising Penance

I am just hooked on this comic. It is great! Not just the artwork, but the
plot and the jokes keep me anticipating the next strip week after week.

Looks like we are headed into some "Mythband meets Tron" plot now. I can't
wait.

And.....Just so nobody asks and makes me feel old, Tron was an old 80's
movie where a guy gets digitized and sent into a computer to play video
games to the death against others.

-Jeff

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:20:32 -0500, "Jeff Greene"
<nppangband@spam.spam.spam.spam,> wrote:

(snip)
>And.....Just so nobody asks and makes me feel old, Tron was an old 80's
>movie where a guy gets digitized and sent into a computer to play video
>games to the death against others.

Hi Jeff,

I know - I remember it well, both the movie and the spin-off arcade game
that swalowed lots of my money. (Should I feel old now? <bg>)

Oh, and I can only agree to your comments re Penance - this is a comic
that makes a week last way too long!

Best, Hugo
--
Your sig line (k) was stolen! (more)
There is a puff of smoke!

(Remove NO and SPAM to get my e-mail address)

On 2005-04-02 12:07:37, Hugo Kornelis <Angband@hugo.is_NO_dit.c_SPAM_om> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:20:32 -0500, "Jeff Greene"
> wrote:
>
> (snip)
> >And.....Just so nobody asks and makes me feel old, Tron was an old 80's
> >movie where a guy gets digitized and sent into a computer to play video
> >games to the death against others.
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I know - I remember it well, both the movie and the spin-off arcade game
> that swalowed lots of my money. (Should I feel old now? )
>
> Oh, and I can only agree to your comments re Penance - this is a comic
> that makes a week last way too long!

Me too - not only was that film a real hit for me back then but all of the
clones of the light cycles which I had to try - starting with one on the BBC
Basic!

Happy memories :)

--
Take Care,
Graham

Pos(0.3.0a2) Alpha "Natar" XX L:1 DL:50' !A R--- !Sp w:Short Sword +0,+0
Pos(V/T//NPP) W H- D+ c-- f PV+ s- TT? d P++ M+
C-- S+ I- So B ac GHB- SQ+ RQ+ V+ F:Better monster AI (Acting like decent
players without automatically knowing where the player is - randomly roaming
the dungeon etc...)

topazg writes:
> On 2005-04-02 12:07:37, Hugo Kornelis
<Angband@hugo.is_NO_dit.c_SPAM_om> wrote:

[regarding Tron]

> > I know - I remember it well, both the movie and the spin-off arcade
game
> > that swalowed lots of my money. (Should I feel old now? )
> >
> > Oh, and I can only agree to your comments re Penance - this is a
comic
> > that makes a week last way too long!
> >

> Me too - not only was that film a real hit for me back then but all
of the
> clones of the light cycles which I had to try - starting with one on
the BBC
> Basic!
>
> Happy memories :)

I loved that movie too. Did any of you every play (or even hear of)
the game Tron 2.0? I never heard of it until a friend of mine lent it
to me. But it was creatively controlled by some of the people involved
in the original movie, and the plot does a fairly good job of being a
worthy sequal. The computer related puns alone are worth playing it.
The gameplay's alright, not great, and definitely is not roguelike in
any sense though.

On 2005-04-04 19:43:01, "Igor D. WonderLlama" <WonderLlama_@hotmail.com> wrote:

> topazg writes:
> > On 2005-04-02 12:07:37, Hugo Kornelis
> wrote:
>
> [regarding Tron]
>
> > > I know - I remember it well, both the movie and the spin-off arcade
> game
> > > that swalowed lots of my money. (Should I feel old now? )
> > >
> > > Oh, and I can only agree to your comments re Penance - this is a
> comic
> > > that makes a week last way too long!
> > >

> > Me too - not only was that film a real hit for me back then but all
> of the
> > clones of the light cycles which I had to try - starting with one on
> the BBC
> > Basic!
> >
> > Happy memories :)
>
> I loved that movie too. Did any of you every play (or even hear of)
> the game Tron 2.0? I never heard of it until a friend of mine lent it
> to me. But it was creatively controlled by some of the people involved
> in the original movie, and the plot does a fairly good job of being a
> worthy sequal. The computer related puns alone are worth playing it.
> The gameplay's alright, not great, and definitely is not roguelike in
> any sense though.

No, one of my ex-colleagues did and said it was good, but I never got around to
borrowing it. Next time I see him I'll ask if he still has it hanging around!