Question Year 2010 - Old TN Panel, what to upgrade to?

Feb 27, 2019
Hi all, I'm really wondering what I should upgrade to, my old Asus is a 60 hz TN panel from 2010. It has some viewing angle problems if I'm not directly staring at it and it's starting to go black if the screen is majority dark/black. Looking at monitors the options are intense. I want something 120 hz or more so games look smooth, but I also want decent viewing angles. Have TN panels gotten better since 2010 or is this basically the same tech and I should look for one of the more expensive IPS panels? I'm not an FPS gamer, so massive frames, pixel refresh isn't absolutely necessary, I just want it to have more accurate colors and replace what I'm using now. (also have a 2007 IPS panel 1920 x 1200 old HP but it heats my house!). What's my best option here?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to list your current specs for your system to see if you can drive larger displays and a higher refresh rate. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You should also include the make and models of the monitors you currently have in your hand.

You're also going to need to provide a budget for your monitor purchase and a location for your abode(this will narrow down a preferred site for purchase, possibly) and a preferred site for purchase. Connectivity options will also need to be seen for both the system and the monitor purchase.

Feb 27, 2019
You might want to list your current specs for your system to see if you can drive larger displays and a higher refresh rate. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You should also include the make and models of the monitors you currently have in your hand.

You're also going to need to provide a budget for your monitor purchase and a location for your abode(this will narrow down a preferred site for purchase, possibly) and a preferred site for purchase. Connectivity options will also need to be seen for both the system and the monitor purchase.
Sorry, I should have mentioned. I can run pretty much whatever (likely not 4k with any decent frames). I just rebuilt everything BUT the monitors about 5 months ago
Ryzen 2700x
GTX 1070ti
x470 Taichi
16GB 3200 Ram
800W PSU Gold

Budget is under 350, but I'm very fine spending less. I want them to be VESA mountable, planning to build myself a sit/stand desk and I think the VESA mount would be best for that. I can pretty much connect anything, obviously anything over 60 hz should really be display port is my understanding.

MNTR ASUS|LED 24" 2MS VE248H RT

The IPS panel is HP LP2475w

both 60hz the IPS doesn't have Display Port, it's too old for the spec I think, was a hand me down from friends office they were going to toss back in 2009, so likely from 2006'ish.