Question Yellow DRAM Light on ASUS TUF GAMING x570 plus - no boot/post previously working system

Nov 22, 2022
Hey All,

I have a previously working just fine for about two years system that all of the sudden won’t boot after installing a second M2 drive and extra case fan.

current system specs:
Ryzen 3600
32GB Trident Z RAM (also went and bought some Corsair Vengeance Pro this AM for troubleshooting)
RTX 2070 Super
1TB M2 Drive (previously installed)
2TB M2 Drive (attempted to install yesterday but now this)
Corsair TX750M

things I’ve tried:

Trying only a single ram stick in each slot (of old ram and test ram)

Cleared CMOS by jumping pins and leaving battery out of board overnight.

Tried booting without GPU installed - SSDs installed.

replugged Ievery single PSU cord.

unplugging case fans.

the only way the orange light goes away is if the 8 - pin CPU power on the top left of the board is unplugged - however it still does not post.

I’m quite stuck on this one and have searched everywhere for answers but can’t seem to find any

Hey All,

I have a previously working just fine for about two years system that all of the sudden won’t boot after installing a second M2 drive and extra case fan.

current system specs:
Ryzen 3600
32GB Trident Z RAM (also went and bought some Corsair Vengeance Pro this AM for troubleshooting)
RTX 2070 Super
1TB M2 Drive (previously installed)
2TB M2 Drive (attempted to install yesterday but now this)
Corsair TX750M

things I’ve tried:

Trying only a single ram stick in each slot (of old ram and test ram)

Cleared CMOS by jumping pins and leaving battery out of board overnight.

Tried booting without GPU installed - SSDs installed.

replugged Ievery single PSU cord.

unplugging case fans.

the only way the orange light goes away is if the 8 - pin CPU power on the top left of the board is unplugged - however it still does not post.

I’m quite stuck on this one and have searched everywhere for answers but can’t seem to find any
so if you did uninstall the m.2 ssd it would boot?

if so, follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Make sure pc could boot when the new ssd is not installed, just boot like usual
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart, also tick all option in nvidia option in the ddu settings before doing so).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• reboot the PC to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (the one with Agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile and PBO, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled).

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.11.xx as the time i write this), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver and connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Nov 22, 2022
so if you did uninstall the m.2 ssd it would boot?

if so, follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Make sure pc could boot when the new ssd is not installed, just boot like usual
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart, also tick all option in nvidia option in the ddu settings before doing so).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• reboot the PC to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (the one with Agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile and PBO, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled).

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.11.xx as the time i write this), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver and connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Had no luck getting it to boot without the drives either- replaced RAM/PSU and still had no luck. Ended up running to BestBuy this afternoon and grabbed another X570 MB and everything seems to be working fine now.

I guess I must have shorted the old MB when installing the M2 drive last night.

Reactions: Koekieezz