Question Yellow DRAM light on right after power button is clicked, no boot.

Sep 18, 2021
Hey,

I have an ASUS B550-F Wifi motherboard and it was working just fine yesterday until I try to boot it today and the yellow DRAM light comes on and the PC wont boot.

I have tried reseating my GPU, CPU and RAM to no avail. I even updated my bios to the latest on the ASUS website. I also did a BIOS hard reset by removing the CMOS battery and waiting 5 mins. Still, same DRAM error. I even tried booting the PC with one RAM stick using the motherboard’s recommended configuration.

Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X

RAM: 2x 8GB Trident Z G skills 3600Mhz ram CL18

GPU: zotac 3060 RTX

PSU: Fractal Ion+ 660W

It is important to note that my PC suddenly shut off once while I was playing before and at every boot id get the new CPU installed message and I could boot it from the BIOS menu normally. This went on for about 2 days until I got this current error today. How can I fix this?

Hey,

I have an ASUS B550-F Wifi motherboard and it was working just fine yesterday until I try to boot it today and the yellow DRAM light comes on and the PC wont boot.

I have tried reseating my GPU, CPU and RAM to no avail. I even updated my bios to the latest on the ASUS website. I also did a BIOS hard reset by removing the CMOS battery and waiting 5 mins. Still, same DRAM error. I even tried booting the PC with one RAM stick using the motherboard’s recommended configuration.

Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X

RAM: 2x 8GB Trident Z G skills 3600Mhz ram CL18

GPU: zotac 3060 RTX

PSU: Fractal Ion+ 660W

It is important to note that my PC suddenly shut off once while I was playing before and at every boot id get the new CPU installed message and I could boot it from the BIOS menu normally. This went on for about 2 days until I got this current error today. How can I fix this?
tried to update the bios to the latest using bios flashback?

TRENDING THREADS