Question Yellow led on for DRAM b550-f

Nov 7, 2020
Tried all the basic fixes but the dram led is always on after booting.

Specs
5600x
Asus 970
Asus rog 550f
Tforce 32gb ddr4 3200
650w psu

Tried 1 stick
Not sure how to get latest bios
Go here for latest Bios 1212 :https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_download/

Download the Bios file to your desktop and unzip the file if it's in zip format. Rename the file to RSB550FG.CAP and transfer it to a USB that is formatted to FAT32. The file has to be on it's own single partition.
Shut down the system so there is just power to the MB then, Use your rear IO panel to flash your Bios as per page 2-12 in your MB manual.

To test with a single DIMM you should insert the module in slot B2 asper page 1-5 in your manual

Last edited:
If the Bios flashback light goes solid then something is wrong and it has not worked.
Common probs are a defective USB or not formatted correctly, Bios file corrupted not renamed correctly.

If you can access Bios then try updating Bios using Flash 3 utility instead of IO panel.

Jan 17, 2021
I have been having similar problems with g.skill flare x RAM on the same mobo, when i tried flashing the bios on a USB 3.1 stick I deleted the renamer folder but it stayed solid, could you give any more info on what to do?

TRENDING THREADS