Question Yellow light on motherboard

milras1202

Reputable
May 18, 2018
I recently bought new ram, but whenever I put it in I get a yellow light on my motherboard and the computer won’t boot.

I have a B450F motherboard with a Ryzen 5 2600. I was running on some Corsair 2666mhz ram before and now I have upgraded to some Kingston Fury 3600mzh Cl17-21-21 memory which don’t seem to be compatible as my pc won’t boot. Any help?

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: Asus Strix B450F
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus
GPU: RTX 2060
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 700W - 3 years old
Monitor: msi optix MAG241CR

BIOS version: 2.17.1246

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Be sure to include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit. Please drop in the prior known working ram and see if you're able to POST. If you are, then check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing. Also, The highest you should be able to go on that motherboard and processor is DDR4-3200MHz. Are you mixing and matching ram kits? If not, which slots are you populating on the motherboard?

Reactions: milras1202

milras1202

Reputable
May 18, 2018
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Be sure to include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit. Please drop in the prior known working ram and see if you're able to POST. If you are, then check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing. Also, The highest you should be able to go on that motherboard and processor is DDR4-3200MHz. Are you mixing and matching ram kits? If not, which slots are you populating on the motherboard?

Alright! I’ve edited my post now. Well my plan originally was since I had 2x8GB Corsair 2666mhz sticks I was going to add the 2x8 Kingstons fury 3600mhz sticks then to run 32Gb at 2666mhz. I’ve tried all slot combinations and it doesn’t boot at all if the new 3600mhz sticks are inserted. Only when the old sticks are alone in the A2 and B2 slots.