[SOLVED] Yellow Light with B450 F Gaming

Mar 7, 2022
I bought a Rog Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard from the Asus brand in 2019 but I had not used it until now 2022 when I have decided to buy the rest of the components. I got a pair of nice DDR4 at 3200 Mhz speed. The CPU is a beautiful Ryzen 5 at 5600G, I'm not sure but I think it's the third generation. I have assembled everything thinking that it would be fine, in reality, it does not give any video and a yellow LED is permanently on. Investigating then I discovered that I should update the Bios but since there is no video I literally can't do anything. I'm pretty sure the 8 Gig Dual RAM isn't dead, it's new, but I don't know where else to go. I went to Best Buy thinking they could help me, and they only suggested that I should buy a graphics card that would have video and be able to update the bios. I am sure that a graphic card won't help me.

Note: Keep in mind that the motherboard has never been used, so there is no operating system on any disk or it has not been able to update. I am afraid that the CPU is not being seen by the motherboard but I don't know why the RAM lights appear, the motherboard does not make any sound when it turns on.

Solution
Here is :

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 - 5600G
Motherboard: ASUS B450 F- Gaming
Ram: PNY DRR4 3200 MHZ (2 x 8GB = 16 GB )
SSD/HDD: Silicon-Power M.2 2280 SSD Support NVMe 1.3
GPU: None
PSU: EVEA 450 W3 Series 80 Plus Standard
Chassis: Corsair 220T RGB Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG249Q, 144 Hz
You should use a ryzen 2000 or 3000 cpu/apu first to update to this bios, and it would be able to boot 5600G just fine after updating the bios. Go to a local pc shop or repair shop, or if you have a friend using a ryzen 2000/3000 cpus/apus, borrow it and flash the given bios. After you successfully flashed the given bios, and plugged your 5600g, go to bios again and load optimized, and start installing the system :D

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In the span on 2~3 years, there have been a number of BIOS updates for that board. In fact, the 5600G was released on 4/13/2021 , you are certain to be on the wrong BIOS version for your motherboard. Sadly your board doesn't have the option to flash the BIOS using a button of sorts. You need to do one of two things, either;
a| follow the steps outlined in the manual, page 3-26
or
b| find a Ryzen 2000 series processor and then gradually update the BIOS to the latest version(without leaping to the latest version).

I'm sure finding a shop who have access to Ryzen processors would be of assistance to you. Also, the suggestion made by Best Buy, is impossible due to the fact that your board isn't recognizing the processor in your build, hence the BIOS update.

Could you parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Just so we can identify other anomalies in your build?

Mar 7, 2022
I bought a Rog Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard from the Asus brand in 2019 but I had not used it until now 2022 when I have decided to buy the rest of the components. I got a pair of nice DDR4 at 3200 Mhz speed. The CPU is a beautiful Ryzen 5 at 5600G, I'm not sure but I think it's the third generation. I have assembled everything thinking that it would be fine, in reality, it does not give any video and a yellow LED is permanently on. Investigating then I discovered that I should update the Bios but since there is no video I literally can't do anything. I'm pretty sure the 8 Gig Dual RAM isn't dead, it's new, but I don't know where else to go. I went to Best Buy thinking they could help me, and they only suggested that I should buy a graphics card that would have video and be able to update the bios. I am sure that a graphic card won't help me.

Note: Keep in mind that the motherboard has never been used, so there is no operating system on any disk or it has not been able to update. I am afraid that the CPU is not being seen by the motherboard but I don't know why the RAM lights appear, the motherboard does not make any sound when it turns on.

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In the span on 2~3 years, there have been a number of BIOS updates for that board. In fact, the 5600G was released on 4/13/2021 , you are certain to be on the wrong BIOS version for your motherboard. Sadly your board doesn't have the option to flash the BIOS using a button of sorts. You need to do one of two things, either;
a| follow the steps outlined in the manual, page 3-26
or
b| find a Ryzen 2000 series processor and then gradually update the BIOS to the latest version(without leaping to the latest version).

I'm sure finding a shop who have access to Ryzen processors would be of assistance to you. Also, the suggestion made by Best Buy, is impossible due to the fact that your board isn't recognizing the processor in your build, hence the BIOS update.

Could you parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Just so we can identify other anomalies in your build?
Here is :

Here is :

You should use a ryzen 2000 or 3000 cpu/apu first to update to this bios, and it would be able to boot 5600G just fine after updating the bios. Go to a local pc shop or repair shop, or if you have a friend using a ryzen 2000/3000 cpus/apus, borrow it and flash the given bios. After you successfully flashed the given bios, and plugged your 5600g, go to bios again and load optimized, and start installing the system :D

Solution
Mar 7, 2022
Here is :

Oh, thank you so much I was so afraid that the CPU won’t work the deal now is to find that type of CPU. Thank you again !!!

Reactions: Koekieezz

TRENDING THREADS