Yellow triangle over wifi

kewers77

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Every so often a yellow triangle will pop up on my wifi bars. It will interrupt whatever I'm doing. I click disconnect and reconnect and it works again from anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, then happens again.

I've tried troubleshooting the problem, and it says that the connection between access point, router, something something is broken. I've tried looking this up on other forums, and lots of other people have the same problem, but none of the answers worked for me. I've tried forgetting the wifi profile completely and re entering it, and turning the modem and router off. Nothing has worked. This is my home wifi, and I've been having problems ever since I came home from school. I'm really not a computer person, I don't know what drivers are and I don't want to mess with the router and modem.

Hi. When that happens, you need to go into the Device Manager and open it up and see if anything is showing there. If you something listed in there for WiFi, then you can click on it to open it then click to uninstall. Once you have done this, restart the computer and it wil reinstall the drivers.

kewers77

Reputable
May 10, 2014

Just did, and it didn't work.

Obviously losing the connection. The one thing that comes to mind is something with the antenna. May a loose connection or something. You could try resetting the router. Kil the power to it and if you have anything hardwired to the router unplug it. wait a couple of minutes, then repower it and it will reload the software. If something was hardwired, then plug it in. I don't have a modem, just a router, so the reset could be a bit different.