Yet another Antec 900 mod

I like the Antec 900 case. The cooling is great - not just the CPU cooling, especially with the big fan on top, but the hard drive cooling. And while I am not particularly fanatical about cable management, the 900 does need a little help.

"A little help" in this case means cutting three holes in the motherboard tray: one for the 12 volt CPU power cable - enlarged to be able to remove an HSF backing plate without removing the motherboard, one for the PSU cables and control & data cables down toward the bottom, and a third above the two pre-cut holes.

And after installing the components:

The only thing that I would do differently is to make the hole for the PSU cable a little smaller and cut a small separate hole beside it for the control and data cables. The lower right corner is pretty congested.

tkgclimb

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
nice mod, looks really good and professional, and I like the way the CPU cooler is mounted. It is kinda a mess in the lower right corner though, but that's also do to the three drives.

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Nice mod! Proper cable management is always a rewarding process in the end! I did something similar on my Antec 300. I used various sized holesaws to make my holes and grommet strip (edge moulding) to stop the cables getting damaged. I don't have nearly as much stuff in my case as you though so mine was a fair bit simpler! Is a full tower case on the agenda for future investments?

No. It's part of the video card.

No. This is the most congested case. My other two 900's have less stuff in them.

And I do not plan on using XFire or SLI.

shovenose, I only have three unused cables, 2 PCI power and one molex. It's not readily apparent, but I drilled some small holes under the drive bays to tie the unused cables down out of the way.

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009

Thanks JSC I see you shop at my favorite online store....Ordering as we speak