Question Yet another double router question

Jul 27, 2019
Hello everyone, recently my ISP replaced my cable modem router with a new Arris Touchstone TG2482A, I have an Google OnHub which I use as my main router because of its great reliability. I set the Arris router in bridge mode, but I see that it still lets tweak some settings that I currently don't know much about.
  • DHCP Server: It lets you turn on/off the DHCP Server on the Arris, if I turn this off would the OnHub still work? I mean, would it still be able to get an WAN IP?
  • DNS Override: I'm already "overriding" my ISP's DNS on the OnHub, do I need to this again on the Arris router?
  • DNS Relay: I found this option and I think it's pretty cool, basically the Arris router becomes a DNS Server and caches all requests for later use. If use this option, do need to specify with DNS Override for it to use my preferred DNS Server or how does this work on bridge mode with the OnHub?
  • NAT: It is set on bridged.
  • UPnP: Its turned on.

Jul 27, 2019
Every boxes have their quirks, but generally:

DHCP and DNS servers should be on the NAT box.

You should only have one box doing NAT.

Ok, I'll try that, it's just that I remember turning one of this two off on my old box and then the onhub wouldn't connect to the internet, I'll try to turn it off on the Arris later and see what happens, thanks!