Yet another freezing issue, details inside.

CodyD

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Computer specs:

Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel i7-3770k
PSU: Seasonic X-750
Ram: 8gb G.SKILL Ares
HDD: 1tb Western Digital Black
GPU: Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 MYST
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS PCI 7.1
Windows 7 Ultimate

So, sometime around mid June I completed the collection of the above parts, and with the help of a friend completed my first build. Around August, out of the blue I started getting a "Windows is not genuine" message at start up, and after some time I no longer had a background as it was always reverted back to a blank background at start up. After a month or so I finally got around to formatting my drive and reinstalling Windows, fast forward 7 hours and everything was back to normal, fully functional, and everything reinstalled (along with a few other mobo drivers that I didn't install the first time around [installed all drivers manually w.o the discs]). A few weeks later my friend calls me on Skype through his Xbox One, that's when everything went to shit. Skype temporarily froze, and soon after my computer would freeze for the very first, but certainly not last, time (screen froze, audio 'looped'). I reset my computer, opened everything up as usual, called my buddies back on Skype and continued on; shortly after, my computer froze again. As odd as I found it I partially attributed it to the initial Skype call, as after everything was up and running again, and that particular friend was no longer in the call with us, everything was fine, for that day. Not too long after, my computer started to periodically freeze every few days or so, and from then on the issue began to escalate. If my computer were to freeze it would freeze again shortly after start up, and again after the next start up, and so on for a good 5-10 attempts until I got lucky enough where it wouldn't freeze. I would run start up repair, system restore, memory diagnostics, start computer from last good boot, ccleaner, essentially every tool I could think of, none of which turned anything up, or fixed anything for that matter. On several occasions I ran my computer in safe-mode with no issues, until one day it even froze then. I've now been dealing with this issue for a few weeks, and I think it has reached the point where I can no longer try my luck resetting my computer until it does not freeze. The other day my computer was fully functional after a single reset (as compared to several), but today, as I said, it exceeded even 5-10 resets, occasionally even freezing during the start up; it even went as far as to freeze during an attempted system restore through start up repair. And speaking of start up repair, after doing so for the first time after my computer first froze today, the "Windows is not genuine" messaged popped back up and my background disappeared yet again.

I checked the Windows event viewer around the time this began, and it primarily turned up one error around the same time the system froze each time (can't recall the error), but when I checked again recently there were a few other errors as well. At the moment I am 'Error Checking' my HDD for the second time, with the first yielding no results (that I'm aware of); the first time, along with this time, took/is taking several hours, so I will not be able to do anything until it is complete (running it overnight), such as post the errors from the event viewer.

tl;dr - Computer randomly froze one day, began to freeze more often, computer now f*cked.

Let me know what you guys need from me, and thank you in advance for any and all help!

CodyD

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Woke up this morning and checked the progress of the scan, computer seemed unresponsive so I let it be for awhile and went back to sleep, when I got back up it was clear the system definitely froze, but whether it did during, or after the scan is unclear.

Here are a few screenshots of the event viewer, can provide details of specific events if needed.

514i0x.jpg

2dj0xv9.png

25q3w1s.png

sp84xv.png

CodyD

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Ran CCleaner, took a few screenshots, scanned for issues and fixed said issues, restarted my computer, froze a few minutes later (took another ss of the event viewer).

2mqqofb.png

2je66xc.png

x1mstu.png

2nroxn9.png

2efkvid.png