[SOLVED] Yet another "Help me choose a M/B for a 5800X"

keeperos

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Hi, I am looking to finally upgrade from my current desktop, a 4-core/8-thread FIRST GEN i7-975 Extreme Edition w/12GB of RAM.

My current PC (that I built back in 2010-2011) still works perfectly fine but because I am using several VMs concurrently, I am constantly running out of both CPU threads and RAM (typically have 3 VMs up, each using 2 cores and 2GB of RAM).
For that reason I am thinking of going for a Ryzen 5800X 8-core/16-thread CPU w/32GB of RAM (whatever the best RAM frequency will be for that CPU).
Other than that it will be used in a fairly typical fashion: Web browsing, media consumption and some gaming. I will NOT be looking to OC it any further than getting the most out of my RAM frequencies/timings. I am mainly looking for stability here.

As you can tell, I am ok paying a premium for a better quality component but I then expect it to last me for several years. As such, even though I am looking to pay somewhere in the 200-300€ range, I would be willing to go up to the 400€ range if I can justify it.

As far as features are concerned, I am first and foremost looking for stability while getting the maximum performance out of my system and future proofing.
Currently, I have 2 HDDs, 2 SATA SSDs plus an optical drive which I use to digitize my growing physical CDs music collection (yep, old school) so while 4 SATAs will be ok, ideally I'd like to have 5 or 6. I will be looking to get an NVMe drive somewhere down the line and I expect to get a 2nd one sometime in the future (each replacing a SATA drive).
Finally, I have an MSI GTX 1070 and a Silverstone 1000W 80Plus Gold modular PSU that I will be carrying over for now.

10-gigabit USB and faster-than-gigabit LAN will be preferred over other extra features.
WiFi isn't going to be of any use to me right now but I might use Bluetooth.
RGB is wholly uninteresting to me and will be turned off if present.
Looking at ATX although not really worried about size, the case will come after the M/B.

Below you will find links to price-saver sites giving you an idea of the availability and pricing in my country (and don't worry if it's all Greek to you, it's all Greek to everyone :p ).

B550#1
B550#2
X570#1

X570#2

Thank you in advance for your input!